Historically, dental implant treatment took many months, with multiple stages of surgery and recovery. Thanks to advancements in dentistry, you can now achieve a completely new smile in just one day!
This is welcoming news for patients who are nowadays less willing to endure the long-winded and difficult journey of traditional implants. At Lidums Dental on Hind-marsh Square, we offer an innovative solution.
You may have heard people refer to this as “Teeth in an Hour”, “Teeth in a Day” or “Same Day Teeth”. People can enjoy the benefits of an immediate renewed smile with renewed function in a shortened time with less trauma and quicker recovery times.
Depending on your situation, we can offer single tooth replacement dental implants or full jaw implants with our All-on-4 treatment.
All-on-4: The innovative alternative to dentures
Through a quick and minimally invasive procedure, All-on-4 allows the total oral rehabilitation of patients with the placement of only 4 titanium implants in each jaw. The Implants act as a foundation which allows the placement of a fixed set of teeth, indistinguishable from natural teeth. This technique stabilizes bone levels and keeps your jaw healthy.
The All-on-4 procedure provides the latest in innovative immediate dental implant protocols and technologies. The All-on-4 is a perfect alternative to dentures for the following reasons:
- Only 4 implants per jaw (unless poor bone)
- Procedure is well tolerated and of a short duration – typically takes about 1 to 2 hours for complete oral rehabilitation
- No period without fixed teeth
- Natural-looking teeth that feel and work like your natural dentition;
- Highly hygienic – easy to maintain and clean;
- The entire procedure can be done at one location
- Performed under Sedation/General Anaesthetic
- Less recovery time
- High Success rate
Am I eligible for same day dental implants?
While the All-on-4 procedure is a reliable procedure with high success rate, the procedure is not for everyone. To be able to provide the immediate All-on-4TM procedure, many aspects need to be favourable for the patient to qualify:
- Adequate bone (to be assessed with 3-D X-rays and software)
- Good general health and healing capacity (smokers need to go through a smoking cessation program or, otherwise, accept a traditional delayed approach)
- A Blueprint (agreed smile and bite goals)
- Control of dental disease prior to implant placement (to reduce bacteria in the mouth)
- A commitment to having a soft diet for 2 months (during implant bone integration)
Advanced technology for assessment and precise placement
At Lidums Dental, 3-D computer X-ray imaging is often used to assess available jaw bone prior to the procedure. We have the latest technology and computer software which can demonstrate the shape of your jaw bone in 3D. We can assess and predict available bone and implant position prior to the day of the procedure. This helps to confirm the suitability of implants in any given site and will help to anticipate challenges in advance. We can place the implants in virtual reality before we place them in your jaw.
In good hands at Lidums Dental
The team at Lidums Dental is one of the most experienced in Australia. For over 20 years, we have been involved with education and training of dentists across Australia in placing and restoring dental implants. If your teeth are missing or “beyond hope”, you will be in good hands at Lidums Dental.Leave a reply