Payment Plans

At Lidums Dental we acknowledge complex treatments can become quite pricey, and in order to ensure all our patients receive the care they need we are willing to be flexible

At our Adelaide dental practice, we can provide dental treatment that suits your budget for comprehensive treatment, and satisfies both short-term and long-term dental objectives. We are able to offer a range of options to assist you in the critical decision-making process. The cost of providing advanced dental care has reduced in recent years, making dental care more affordable than ever!

Most plans are suited to your particular priorities or financial circumstances, and our friendly team will provide plenty of information for you to assist your decision.

If finances are a concern, we are able to offer staged treatment

Rather than pay a large lump sum upfront, you may prefer to undergo ‘staged treatment’ which allows you to undergo stages of dental treatment over a longer period of time so you can benefit from the same stable and beautiful results, while paying only for the treatment you receive within each stage. In the short-term, it is possible to address most urgent needs only, then moving on to minor needs later.


We accept all major credit cards and can assist you in understanding any other rebates such as health funds, tax rebates or third-party entitlements in order to reduce out-of-pocket expenses.

Information on Tax Rebates

Did you know that currently you can receive a Tax Rebate (offset) for up to 20% of the costs of your dental treatment, paid before June 30, 2013, when you lodge your income tax return?

For the 30 June 2013 tax year, people with annual incomes under $84,000 for singles and $168,000 for couples can claim a tax offset of 20%, that is, 20 cents in the dollar, of their net medical expenses (NMETO) over $2,060.

For higher income earners, changes announced by the government in the 2012/13 budget reduced the rebate payable to 10% and raised the NMETO threshold to $5000. Higher income earners are those with annual incomes above $84,000 for singles and $168,000 for couples.

This means that if you have dental treatment (& an annual income under $84,000 for singles and $168,000 for couples) and you have paid, let’s say $1000 (after any private health fund rebate is claimed) and you have already spent over $2,060 on your total medical costs this financial year, then you will receive $200 as a tax refund on this $1000.

This equates to a saving of $200 for every $1,000 spent on your dental treatment.

Please click onto the Tax Office website link below for more information. Most dental treatments are eligible for the tax refund except for teeth whitening, which is a cosmetic treatment. If you are not too sure about a dental treatment, we can always find out for you.

Extra Information

This advice is very general and you should see your accountant or tax agent to clarify how this may apply to your circumstances.

The ATO’s Tax offset Calculator.

Net medical expenses tax offset to be phased out…

Announced in the 2013/2014 Budget

The net medical expenses tax offset (NME tax offset) will be phased out with transitional arrangements applying to those who currently claim the offset.

From 1 July 2013, those taxpayers who claimed the NME tax offset in the 2012/13 income year will continue to be eligible for the offset in the 2013/14 income year if they have eligible out-of-pocket medical expenses above the relevant thresholds. Similarly, those who claim the NME tax offset in the 2013/14 income year will continue to be eligible for the offset in the 2014/15 income year.

Source: Budget Paper No 2, p 30.

This means, that if no NME offset is claimed in 2012–2013 then the individual will not have access to the rebate** in the future.

If the NME offset is claimed in 2012–2013 then it can be claim in 2013–2014 and if claimed in 2013–2014, it may be claimed in 2014–2015. The rebate then ceases**.

Extra Information

*Note the Adjusted Taxable Income Threshold, increases $1,500 for each dependent

**Exceptions: disability aids, attendant care, aged care expenses.

This advice is very general and you should see your accountant or tax agent to clarify how this may apply to your circumstances.