Modern Dentistry: Exceeding Your Expectations
Modern Dentistry is a refreshingly new concept in dental care
Lidums Dental on Hindmarsh Square, Adelaide is the state-of-the-art centre for dental transformations including: cosmetic, implant and restorative dentistry. The procedures we use are progressive, and with the help of advanced technology we can help improve your quality of life, self-esteem and overall health for our patients.
Modern vs Traditional dentistry
Over the past decade, dentistry has made some significant steps forward in terms of approaches, technologies, procedures and techniques. In the instance of a dental emergency, traditional dentistry would often require extraction or problem teeth were repaired. While this traditional approach solved the dental problem initially and at the level of the individual teeth, in the long term it has the potential to cause negative implications for your oral and overall health. Problems that initially seemed minor would compound and start to seriously affect general health and wellbeing. Significant deterioration can occur to the dental bite, jaw bone, mouth and eventually the face.
Other compounding issues include:
- Teeth are lost due to disease, breakages and other emergencies
- Teeth wear
- Teeth become unstable and move
- The bite collapses and loses efficiency
- Teeth no longer support facial soft tissues
- Oral disease causes general health to suffer
- Disease and bacteria in the mouth can enter into the blood stream and elevate the risk of heart attack or stroke.
With modern dentistry we are able to target your compounding dental problems and treat your teeth accordingly.
Enhancing your dental experience through modern dentistry
At Lidums Dental on Hindmarsh Square in Adelaide, we have practised over 25 years of innovation, experience and research to develop one of the most modern comprehensively-equipped dental centres in Australia.
Advanced technology to provide optimal oral care and quality service
- Latest computer imaging technology assists us to create beautiful natural-looking smiles
- Training facility including a state of the art lecture theatre with built-in video cameras to record procedures for training purposes and education
- Digital X-rays and planning software (including OPG and 3-D Tomography) to provide highest quality, safety, convenience and very low dose radiography
- Multiple large state-of-the-art clinics for surgical, restorative, cosmetic and hygiene procedures
A holistic approach to modern dentistry to ensure your absolute comfort
Our mission in providing modern dentistry procedures, treatments and techniques also extends to the look and feel of our practice. At Lidums Dental on Hindmarsh Square it is our stunning architecture, the use of the latest technologies and procedure, coupled with our dedication to providing comfort, privacy and care that has established us as one of the most modern comprehensively-equipped dental centres in Australia. The attention to detail at every level helps produce truly outstanding results for our patients.
- Quiet non-clinical consultation and scheduling rooms, away from the busier clinical areas, with the emphasis on confidentiality
- The ultimate in patient privacy and comfort with acoustic wall panels throughout
- One-way vision windows to the street view (for privacy)
- Views to outside from all clinical consultation rooms which also provide abundant natural light
- House dental laboratory and technicians (customised aesthetic results produced with excellent quality control)
- Extensive portfolios and displays showcasing thousands of photos of our patients (before and after shots)
- Full range dental laboratory service of high-strength aesthetic ceramic, implant and denture procedures (including high-tech Titanium, Zirconium, Lithium Di-Silicate and acrylic materials)
- In-House Day-Stay surgical theatre and recovery suite (set up for dedicated dental procedures particularly implant surgery, not just as a routine general hospital theatre)
- Sedation or general anaesthetic options available (with our own anaesthetist who is experienced in our specialised protocol requirements for ultimate comfort and safety)